Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thoughtless Thursday...Well, Not Really


As a first grade teacher, my days are anything but thoughtless at this time of year. Typically, I am frantically trying to get everything ready for the first week of school. My mind races with the 50 jillion things I have to do...my to do list grows and grows each and every day. But in the rush to be prepared I sometimes forget about the most important part...the students. I forget that I have about 20 six year olds who I will be teaching for 180 days of the next year. I forget that I might be the only hug they get. I forget that I might be the only Jesus they may see. So, as I wrap up my loose ends in the next week and finish preparing my classroom (as seen above...which is beginning to come together...but is still a work in progress), I pray that the Lord will use me not only to be an effective teacher this next school year, but to share the love of Jesus Christ in every word, smile, and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment