Saturday, August 6, 2011

A New Year's Resolution...in August

One truth about me...I like to cook. I have to admit, I think I'm pretty good at it. I have a dear friend who is getting married in 2 months and will be living down the street from me. (I'm so excited!) However, she has mentioned several times that I am going to have to teach her how to cook. But the truth is...I don't really cook that much. I can think of a few times my friend has been over to eat, but the majority of the time its been party foods. And let's face it, party foods consist mostly of cheese, bread/chips, and more cheese. These aren't really a good judge of how good of a cook I am so I am really flattered by my friend's compliments. Plus, the menu around our house consists of pretty much the same thing week after week--spaghetti, taco salad, grilled chicken, etc. Nothing really to "teach" my friend. So in an effort to share some cooking advice with a soon-to-be newlywed and to save a little money, I'm going to start cooking more--its my New Year's Resolution--in August.

Now, to help with the dilemma of what to cook... two blogs I have recently discovered, Plain Chicken and Southern Plate are going to make my life a whole lot easier! Both blogs offer simple, easy recipes that sound delicious!! Unlike all the cookbooks I got when I got married, both authors offer southern comfort recipes with a short list of ingredients. So, I have my menu planned out for next week, all I have to do is go to the grocery store and actually follow through. We shall see how this goes...maybe I will even share some pictures of what I accomplish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment