Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pinky Promise

I teach the high school girls Sunday School class at church and I have an amazing group of girls to study Word with each week. It seems like a recurring theme I share about is that God always keeps His promises. He never fails on His word and will never fail His children. I share with my girls that when we experience trials we have trust Him and lean on His promises in order to make it through. Well, I have a confession to make...I haven't been paying attention to my own Sunday School lessons. I have been wavering on believing a promise that has been spoken to Mike and me through the Scripture.

About a year ago, the Lord revealed a piece of scripture to Mike and me that we have claimed as a promise and we are still waiting for that promise to be fulfilled. Throughout the course of this year I have doubted God's promise and have battled through my doubt. However, through my doubt, the Lord has given me a song that has been my anthem...
Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always
("Always" by Kristian Stanfill)
So, regardless of my doubt, my God is unwavering. He is sovereign and His Word is stronger than any pinky promise anyone can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment