Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happily Ever After

Mike and I recently went to dinner with some dear friends who are newlyweds. They are a precious couple and it was so fun watching how giddy they were with each other after being married for just a few weeks. And that got me thinking about married life...


This summer Mike and I celebrated our 5th anniversary--that is craziness!! Those 5 years have flown by!!! It really seems like yesterday we were still dating! I really love being married to my best friend. We have so much fun together. In our 5 years of being married we have gotten to...
  • go to Maui
  • go to London, England
  • go to countless Bama games
  • serve and minister to a great group of students and their families
  • go to Jamaica on a mission trip
  • survive a bathroom remodel at our house
  • walk through the trenches with each other as we both completed graduate school
  • go on 3 mission trips with our students to the Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina 
  • and the list could go on and on...
But, that is just a short list of the fun or cool stuff that we have gotten to do or be a part of. There have, however, been some lows in those 5 years. Thankfully, we have each other to lean on as we sometimes have to "walk through the valley of the shadow of death." I really don't know what I would do without Mike. He is my biggest and strongest encourager. He can always make me laugh and make a bad day better. I'm looking forward to our happily ever after.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say hi, and let you know I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I'd wish you luck this weekend, except I'm an LSU fan, so I'm sorry to say I'll be rooting against you this weekend! :) But again, jut wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete