Sunday, February 5, 2012

Whirlwind

Ever since Christmas I have felt like I have been living through a whirlwind. Life seemed like it was spinning out of control and I couldn't do anything to stop the confusion, hurt, and utter turmoil. I was so thankful that when it was time to flip the calendar from January to February. I don't think I have ever been more ready for a month of the year to be over than January 2012. 

However, through the dark days of January I was desperate for a fresh glimpse of the Lord. I was desperate to do as the psalmist urges us to do in Psalm 34:8...To taste and see that the Lord is good. So in attempt to taste and see my Lord, I began reading the book Desiring God by John Piper. I haven't finished the book yet, but it has been an encouragement to my soul and a challenge to my faith at the same time. 

Piper makes a statement so simple, but it is so profound to me...Life is hard, but God is good. I have found myself repeating that over and over again the last few weeks. Regardless of my circumstances, God is still good. He will remain good despite my shortcomings and failures. He is good even when the darkness closes in and we have lost our hope. Through my whirlwind, He is good. He is good--that's a fact. 

So, as I live my life with the promise that God is good, I am content that He is enough. I am learning to be most satisfied in Him despite loss, despite hardship. He is my portion. He is my treasure. He is my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment