Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fresh Start

I love the beginning of school! I love preparing my classroom and getting everything organized for the upcoming year. But most of all I love buying new school supplies. I have a weakness for pens, pencils, and especially Post-It Notes! I could spend hours in the school supply aisles of Wal-Mart. I think the love of supplies is partly why I became a teacher.

However, as I laid in bed mulling over how to arrange my room and the new supplies I needed, I was reminded of a promise...that I am in fact, something new as well.

Now we look inside, and what we see is that anyone united with the Messiah gets a fresh start, is created new. The old life is gone; a new life burgeons!
--2 Corinthians 5:17
In my Father's eyes I am no longer that chewed up, scuffed up, broken-in-half pencil. But because of His grace, He has transformed me into a brand new shiny, yellow number two pencil--without the bite marks and dingy eraser. And now because He has given me that fresh start and He lives inside of me, I get to share His love with precious first graders five days a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment